Cream of Broccoli Soup

I first tasted cream of broccoli soup in a restaurant called La Italia..and it absolutely swept me off my feet. The experience of sipping this perfectly flavoured creamy soup and munching crunchy fresh broccoli florets will really leave you asking for more...I tried the recipe at home, adding my touches here and there, and the outcome pleased my hubby and my toddler. Here is the recipe for serving four:


Ingredients :


  • 2 cups fresh broccoli florets.
  • 2 cups milk.
  • 1/2 cup fresh cream.
  • 1 medium sized onion.
  • 1 tsp ginger garlic paste.
  • 3 tsp soup seasoning of your choice. ( I used a seasoning powder bought from a store- it uses dried onion & garlic powder, basil leaves and other such herbs. Soup seasonings are easily available in super markets).
  • Salt and crushed pepper to taste.
  • Grated cheese and coriander leaves for garnishing.
Method :
  • Blanch the broccoli florets in boiling water for roughly a minute. Thoroughly rinse in running water.
  • Steam the florets for 5 minutes.
  • Set aside 6-8 florets for topping, and blend the remaining along with 1/2 cup water.
  • Drain the blended broccoli and set aside.
  • In a pan, heat some butter, and saute the steamed broccoli florets, ginger garlic paste and onions for half a minute.
  • Add the blended broccoli, milk and cream and let it simmer for a while.
  • Add soup seasoning, salt and crushed pepper.
  • Garnish with grated cheese and coriander leaves.
  • Serve with a starter of your choice. (I made cheesy garlic crispies which tasted really good with this soup).

CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member