Eggless Chocolate Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream Frosting



.
I dedicate this to my kids, from whom I have learnt a lot..they have taught me how to be patient for hours together while doing an interesting job, they have taught me how to be energetic and enthusiastic the whole day. I am also trying to learn how to be happy for no reason at all from them :) They also amaze me by being very forgiving in nature. They forget insults so easily. So in a way they are my true teachers..:)
The buttercream frosting had strawberry flavor in it and it went really well with the chocolate flavoured cupcakes. My 3 year old daughter was very excited to help me with the decoration. I gave her choco chips and sugar sprinkles to top the cupcakes, and did a good job- finally licking her fingers off ! Sweet little delights for my sweet little devils...They just loved it and even licked the cupcake liners!!
This recipe will make 12 yummy cupcakes.

Ingredients :

  • 1 cup All Purpose Flour
  • 1/4th cup cornflour.
  • 2 tsps baking powder.
  • 1 cup powdered sugar.
  • 1/4th cup butter.
  • 1 tbsp cocoa powder ( I used Cadbury's)
  • 1-2 tbsp milk to adjust consistency of batter.
  • 1 tsp vanilla essence.
For buttercream icing :
  • 1/2 cup butter.
  • 1/2 cup icing sugar.
  • 2 tbsps strawberry filling ( or you can use freshly pureed strawberries if you wish).
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla essence.
  •  Sugar sprinkles, choco chips or chocolate shavings or whatever you can lay your hands on for decorating your cupcake. 
 Method :
  • Place muffin liners on the muffin tray, preheat oven at 225 degrees C.
  • Sift together all purpose flour ,cornflour, baking powder and cocoa powder, set aside.
  • In a bowl whip butter and sugar till it becomes fluffy and light, add vanilla essence to it.
  • Slowly fold in the sifted flour, and mix gently. you can add 1 or 2 tbsp of milk if required at this stage.
  • Scoop out batter and transfer to the muffin tray.
  • Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
  • Take out when inserted toothpick comes out clean. place on a wire rack completely before frosting.
  • For the frosting, whip together butter, icing sugar till it turns fluffy, and add strawberry filling and vanilla essence. Pipe in whatever style you choose..
  • Flaunt ;)
Sending this to Feast for your Guru event
and to What's with my cuppa event



2 Responses so far.

  1. Lovely blog you have here! Nice work... Do visit my space sometime!

  2. Lakshmi A says:

    Thanks Priya! You also have a very good blog..

CookEatShare Member
view my recipes
CookEatShare Member